Home \ FAQ

Freguently Asked Questions

How does the real Siberian chaga mushroom look?

The chaga on the right picture is genuine Siberian chaga.Siberian chaga mushroom

Is Siberian chaga better than chaga originated from other areas?

Yes. It has much more biologically active substances than chaga harvested in other areas. This can be proved by certificate of analysis.

What is better chaga tea or chaga extract?

Chaga tea is a dried and ground chaga mushroom. When infused correctly the tea aquires pleasant taste and some health supporting properties. But concentration of biologically active substances in this drink is not significant. On the other hand, chaga extract is a highly concentrated powder produced by hot water extraction. This extract powder is saturated with many antioxidants and currently is a popular health promoting dietary supplement.

Is your chaga extract safe?

Yes, if it is taken in recommended amount. Up to this day we have not received any complaints from our customers.

I've heard that Siberian chaga extract is an anticancer medicine. Is that true?

Siberian chaga extract is not a drug or a medicine. It is currently classified as a dietary food supplement. We recommend  you conduct your own research and explore multiple studies which were done in different countries here.

Can you provide Certificate of Analysis for your chaga extract?

Yes, small copies of the documents are published here .

Where do you harvest your chaga?

Healing Siberian chaga mushroom grows only in limited areas. On the map, green color shows where chaga mushroom can be found in general. But yellow color shows where does the real Siberian healing chaga mushroom grows. We collect our chaga from Russian Eastern Siberia taiga forests, Altai mountains, Tomsk region, Northern Irkutsk region and Khakassia. These are the areas with winter temperatures as low as -50 degrees Celcius. These huge regions are very thinly populated and have no industries around. The lack of industries and harsh climate conditions make our chaga ecologocally clean and free of any contamination.

Is your chaga mushroom wildgrown or cultivated?

Our chaga is hand picked from live birch trees growing in the wilderness of Siberian taiga of Russia.

Is there any fake chaga extract on the market?


  • The extract can be made from fermented (artificial) chaga, not from wildgrown chaga. In this case you won't get the real chaga benefits.
  • The extract can be made by way of adding some other similar in color dried mushroom. As a result the extract will have good color and high content of polysahharides but no chromogenic complex or very little. This mostly useless extract would have a distinctive mushroomy smell.
  • Chaga can be dried and milled to a very fine powder which would become even water soluble. If added some colorants it would become quite difficult to distinguish it from the real chaga extract. Only the structure of the powder particles and taste can help to define whether it is the real freeze-dried extract or just grin
    fake-extractded raw chaga. Real freeze-dry extract has solid, glistening crystalls of tar in it and doesn't have any mushroomy smell at all. 
  • People just don't know the difference and purchase grinded chaga powder thinking that this is chaga extract. On the picture you can see the example of the above said. According to the package label this is "Chaga powder" - there is no word "extract" there. This is just milled chaga powder but merchants may claim it is chaga extract (probably just due to their ignorance on this subject).

Does your chaga products contain caffeine?

No - none of our products contain caffeine or any other types of stimulants of any kind.

Are the products vegan and gluten free?

Yes! There are no animal or wheat products in our products.

How can I order and pay?

You can order chaga extract from our online store. We accept PayPal /credit cards.


Yes we do. Also we provide private labelling if necessary. Minimum order for discounted price is 20kg. 

“ chromogenic complex content in Baikal chaga extract exceeds 57% “  I don’t understand this message.  I just wonder what the rest of your 43% is ?  I just think the content of each package is 100% chaga?

Our chaga extract is indeed made exclusively of 100% Siberian chaga mushroom. As well as any organic product chaga has its chemical composition which consists of many different substances (polysaharrides, Beta-glucans, polyphenols, flavonoids, trace elements, vitamins and minerals). But only wildgrown chaga mushroom contains chromogenic complex – a set of humic acids and melanin which makes chaga so powerful. Raw chaga possess only 15-18% of Chromogenic complex content, whereas good chaga extract should have minimum 40% (concentration of chromogenic complex). Our chaga extract has more than 57%!