In Russia, a lot of studies had been conducted on chaga in the 1950s and were properly documented. The results of those studies were impressive, especially the ability of Chaga to stop the growth of tumors and prevent cancer. Cancer patients even in their terminal stages were experiencing relief from pain and show progress in getting back their health. Nowadays Chaga mushroom still is being praised for its ability to eliminate free radicals due to its high concentration of antioxidants. However, strangely enough, the pharma industry and medicine are not interested in this great natural remedy and today there are no further studies being conducted on Chaga in Russia.
There are some links about contemporary studies made by non-Russian scientists, proving that Chaga is indeed a very beneficial health-supporting product.
- Antibacterial, Anti-oxidant, and Anti-proliferative Evidence:
- MSW, MPH Faass, Nancy. Price-Pottenger, Journal of Health and Healing. Volume 35. No. 4. “The Healing Powers of Chaga.” Winter 2011-2012. Pages 6-11.
- Lymphocyte protection against oxidative damage:
- Immune-balancing/disease resistance:
- Differences between mycelia and scloterium:
- Betulinic Acid as anti-inflammatory and immunomodulant:
- Antimutagenic properties:
- Chemical constituents and melanin:
- Polysaccharides and immune/anti-inflammatory function:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19041933 clinical claims for Cancer.